Tuesday, August 7, 2007

No Stamps but Oh So Pretty!

This card uses absolutely no stamps and was super easy to create! I will admit the most difficult part of this card was taking a decent photo! I was at my girlfriends lake home stamping for the weekend with 3 of my very dear and favorite stamping girlfriends. (Hi girls!! MWAH!!) We stamp from sun up to FAR beyond sun down, sleep very little and get up to do it all again the next day! This is one of the cards I created during that weekend. I couldn't recall if I had just thought of this idea or did I dream it? At any rate, I thought why not try it and see what happens? Here is the result, and quite honestly I love it! This card is much prettier in real life than in the photo. You will have to make one for yourself and you will see what I'm talking about!


Supplies used:
Cardstock: SU brushed gold. Burgundy velvet paper from Hobby Lobby.
Misc: Retired SU burgundy wide organdy ribbon, and gold cording. Sakura Stardust gel pen.
Info: I cut the piece of velvet paper and ran it through the cuttlebug, using the stylized flower embossing folder. I then outlined all the raised images with the Sakura Stardust gel pen. Mounted it onto the brushed gold cardstock, added the organdy ribbon and gold cording and there you have it! Normally the Stardust gel pen gives a silver sheen to cardstock but used on this color of velvet paper it looks gold and much better layered on brushed gold cardstock than silver. I have yet to try it on other colors of velvet paper to see if it changes the color. Perhaps you can try that for yourself and let me know!!

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Debbi (no 'e' on the end) said...

Wish I could see this in person as I'm sure from your description it looks stunning in real life. It looks great as it is now....I love that embossing plate. TFS

Rhonda Lynn said...

"MWAH!" right back at ya'! It sure is a B-E-A-U-tiful card. The reason I know this is because I can look at it IRL - hee! Also, stamping is a state of mind. There were stamps everywhere when you created this so it's relative!